Commonly added to traditional Indian sweets and teas because of its distinct cool and minty aroma and flavor. Cardamom is also used for respiratory and digestive support as well as for soothing various aches and pains.
- Supports healthy respiration
- Reduces swelling
- Soothes sore muscles and joints
- Supports digestion
- Eases nausea
- Botanical Name: Elettaria cardamomum
- Origin: India
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Seed
- Plant Description: Cardamom is a perennial plant native to India. It loves the moist environment of the forest, growing up to about 4 meters tall. Cardamom is characterized with fleshy underground roots like ginger, long silky leaves like blades, and yellowish flowers with a purple tip.
- Aroma: Rich, sweet, spicy, woody
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Blends Well With: Rosemary, Orange, Bergamot, Cinnamon, Clove Bud, and Cedarwood
- Main Constituents: Terpinyl acetate, 1, 8-cineole
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: No
- Breastfeeding Safe: No
- Cat Safe: Yes
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More safety info: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided. Shelf life of 3 years.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.