Nutmeg is a popular oil for aromatherapy because of its various uses, including helping ease queasy stomachs and relieving achy joints and muscles. It is also a warming oil that can help sleeplessness.
- Eases queasy stomach
- Helps in easing achy joints and muscles
- Aids in sleep
- Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
- Origin: Malaysia
- Extraction Method: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Plant Description: Nutmeg is a kind of seed that comes from a tree that belongs to the genus Myristica family. Its seed is fleshy red with a husk dried exterior.
- Aroma: Soft, spicy, and woody with a slightly musky note
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Colorless to pale yellow
- Blends Well With: Lavender, Clary Sage, Geranium, Rosemary, Petitgrain, Orange
- Main Constituents: Sabinene (21.38%), 4-terpineol (13.92%) and myristicin (13.57%)
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: No
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More Safety Info: If used in large amounts, Nutmeg Essential Oil can cause toxic symptoms such as nausea and tachycardia. Contact with eyes should be avoided. Storage life up to 2 years.
**These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.