It is said that the mere inhalation of the beautiful citrus scent of lime can stimulate the sympathetic nervous system and evoke alertness. Massaging the oil can have a relaxing and stress-relieving effect.
- Smells clean
- Botanical Name: Citrus aurantifolia**
- Origin: Mexico
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit peel
- Plant Description: A shrubby tree growing to 5 m with many thorns; its flowers are white with purple edges; its fruit is spherical and yellow when ripe but is picked green commercially.
- Aroma: Fresh, citrusy, sweet, slightly tart
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear, pale yellow to yellow liquid
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Neroli, Nutmeg, Orange, Palmarosa, Rosemary, Rosewood, Vetiver, and Ylang-ylang
- Main Constituents: Limonene: 55.40%, y-terpinene: 16%
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More Safety Info: This oil has phototoxic properties and exposure to the sun must be avoided after application to the skin.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**Some of our labels were printed with the incorrect botanical name. We are correcting the issue, but some bottles may be shipped with incorrect labels. All of our Lime Essential Oil is citrus aurantifolia.