Fennel was believed to ward off evil spirits, strengthen eyesight, and neutralize poisons. Roman warriors were said to consume Fennel for strength and battle-readiness. Fennel is best known for its licorice aroma and taste, yet its ability to aid healthy digestion is equally noteworthy.
- Aids in digestion
- Eases worries
- Helps to remove excess mucus for clearer breathing
- Botanical Name: Foeniculum vulgare
- Origin: Egypy
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Plant Part: Seeds
- Plant Description: It is an herb with feathery leaves and yellowish flowers, and it grows in most temperate portions of Europe. It has stalks with pale green bulbs at the base of the leaves.
- Aroma: Powerfully sweet, earthy, or peppery-spicy, and clean
- Note: Top to middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Clear
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Lavender, Frankincense, and Rosemary
- Main Constituents: E-anethole, fenchol, α-pinene
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: No
- Breastfeeding Safe: No
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: No
- Dilution Rate: 2.5% or less
- More Safety Info: Don't use this oil if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, have an estrogen-dependent cancer, or endometriosis. Fennel Essential Oil may inhibit blood clotting and should not be used with any antidiabetic or anticoagulant medications. Always dilute Fennel Essential Oil with a carrier oil before using it on the skin. This oil is best used at a 2.5% dilution rate or less when used topically.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.