Anise Star 15mL
Anise Star Essential Oil is distilled from fully ripened star-shaped fruits. It is best known for its pain relieving properties as well as its ability to support the respiratory system.
- Pain relief
- Aid digestion
- Respiratory support
- Menstrual support
- Botanical Name: Illicium verum
- Origin: China
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
- Plant Part: Seed
- Plant Description: A small to medium evergreen tree of the magnolia family, reaching up to 8m (26ft).
- Aroma: Spicy, sharp, licorice-like
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Liquid but may solidify, and if so, must be heated to be brought back to a liquid state. This attests to the purity of the oil.
- Color: A light colorless to pale yellow liquid
- Blends Well With: Sweet Fennel, Clove Bud, Lavender, Geranium, Pine, Orange, Rosewood, Clove, Cinnamon, and Chamomile Essential Oils
- Main Constituents: Anethole (87%)
- Kid Safe: May be used by children 10+
- Pregnancy Safe: No
- Breastfeeding Safe: No
- Cat Safe: No
- Dog Safe: No
- Special Dilution Rate: 2.5% or less
- More Safety Info: Anise Star has a weak estrogen-like activity due to its trans-anethole content. Do not use if pregnant, breastfeeding, you have endometriosis, or you have any estrogen-related cancers. This oil may interfere with anticoagulant medications or bleeding disorders. Always dilute an essential oil before using it topically. Failing to do so can cause irritation.
Never ingest an essential oil even if it is generally regarded as safe unless under the supervision of a doctor certified in aromatherapy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.