Cedarwood (Atlas) 15mL
Cedarwood Atlas was a staple for ancient Egyptians. They used it for almost everything from cosmetics and perfumery to their mummification process. Today, Cedarwood Atlas is most commonly used for its health benefits such as supporting respiratory health as well as skin and hair care.
- Aids in focus and concentration
- Supports respiratory health
- Helps with itchy skin
- Nourishes hair
- Botanical Name: Cedrus atlantica
- Origin: Morocco
- Extraction Method: Steam Distillation
- Plant Part: Wood
- Plant Description: Cedarwood Atlas loves cold climates and typically grows at high altitudes. Native to the Himalayas, Cedarwood Atlas is an evergreen tree that grows 50 m. tall or more. The trees grow abundantly in northern India, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
- Aroma: Slightly camphoraceous, smoky, sweet woody, scent similar to synthetic mothballs
- Note: Base
- Consistency: Thin to viscous
- Color: Golden yellow to orange or brown
- Blends Well With: Bergamot, Cypress, Cassia, Jasmine, Juniper, Neroli, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Vetiver, Rosemary, Ylang-ylang
- Main Constituents: a-cedrene, b-cedrene, thujopsene, other sesquiterpenes, cedrol and widdrol
- Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
- Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult doctor
- Cat Safe: Yes
- Dog Safe: Yes
- Special Dilution Rate: 5% or less
- More safety info: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.